Chief Josh Waldo: ‘You’re only going to grow when you get uncomfortable’
The Bozeman fire chief shares tips for getting buy-in from FD leadership, the gut-check moment that changed his career, and his hopes for his new IAFC role
On this episode of the Better Every Shift podcast, Zam talks to Bozeman (Montana) Fire Chief Josh Waldo about making incremental changes, whether at the individual or organizational level, plus all this:
- Waldo’s gut-check moment that changed his fire service trajectory;
- The first thing he did when he arrived at the Bozeman FD;
- An inside look at his new opportunity with the IAFC; and
- What fires him up more than anything from his firefighters.
What else …
- Don’t miss: His experience with ESPN GameDay’s visit to Bozeman
- Hot seat sneak peek: Favorite concert
- Episode power quote: “If you’re doing things the same way you were 5, 7, 10 years ago, you fell behind a little bit. That’s just the way things are in our profession.”
Have an idea for the show? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enjoying the show? Please take a moment to rate and review us on Apple Podcasts.