Video: Association heads thank first responders for dedication, commitment
In an end-of-year video, the leaders of eight national EMS and fire associations offered words of gratitude, encouragement and appreciation
By Rachel Engel
In a collaborative video, leaders from eight national EMS and fire associations delivered a heartfelt message to first responders during the last week of a tumultuous 2020.
The video included words from:
- Gary Ludwig, Immediate Past President, International Association of Fire Chiefs
- Matt Zavadsky, President, National Association of EMTs
- Chip Decker, President, Academy of International Mobile Healthcare Integration
- Aarron Reinert, President, American Ambulance Association
- Bill Seifarth, Executive Director, National Registry of EMTs
- Dr. David Tan, President, National Association of EMS Physicians
- Dave Mitchell, President, International Association of EMS Chiefs
- Sean Caffrey, President, National EMS Management Association
“It does not matter which organization you belong to, or what patch you wear on your shoulder, we’re all brothers and sisters who have answered the call to serve our communities during the most desperate of times,” said Gary Ludwig, immediate past president of IAFC. “So, please, hold your head up high, since you have made it us all proud.”
NAEMT President Matt Zavadsky echoed Ludwig’s sentiments.
“On behalf of NAEMT, our board of directors and a very grateful nation, thank you to all of you for proving that you are truly the swiss army knife of our healthcare system,” he said.
Watch the full video below.