Battery 'blows up' on apparatus at Mass. fire station
No one was hurt, but everyone was startled
By J.P. Ellery
The Telegram & Gazette
EAST BROOKFIELD, Mass. — A little excitement occurred Saturday night for the town's fire department. Chief Peter Livermore told selectmen Monday that one of the batteries in Engine Number 1 "blew up." The unit is equipped with four batteries.
"I think there was a short circuit and it arced," the chief said.
He said it was an obvious surprise for everyone who was there at the fire station at the time, but "no one was hurt."
Copyright 2010 Worcester Telegram & Gazette, Inc.
All Rights Reserved