28th Executive Fire Officer Symposium: Sept. 8-10, 2016
Symposium registration is open. Attendance is limited to “first come, first serve” with priority for free housing going to EFOP alumni.
The Executive Fire Officer Program (EFOP) Symposium is the official alumni weekend for the EFOP, providing an opportunity for over 3,500 alumni to return home to the National Fire Academy (NFA) in Emmitsburg, Maryland to network, learn, exchange information, and reinforce the knowledge, skills and abilities that are critical to EFOs.
The EFOP Symposium is open to alumni, faculty and fire service leaders and is free to attend.
This year’s symposium will focus on managing innovation and change. Presentations from distinguished senior executives will cover:
- Information sharing, education, networking and discussions
- Outstanding research paper presentations
- Challenging our paradigms regarding external communication and public information
- Dynamic subjects of general interest to fire service executives
How to apply for the EFOP Symposium
The EFOP Symposium is open to alumni, faculty and fire service leaders and is free to attend. To apply, download the General Admissions Application Short Form (FEMA Form 119-25-2) PDF 234 KB and complete the application through block 18b.
Block 6: enter your FEMA Student Identification Number (SID).
When completing the application to attend the EFOP Symposium, please enter this information in Blocks 12a-c:
- Block 12a: R0120 EFOP Symposium
- Block 12b: NETC Emmitsburg, Maryland
- Block 12c: Sept. 8 – 10, 2016
A supervisor’s signature is not required.
Mail your application to:
NETC Admissions Office
Attn: R0120 EFOP Symposium
16825 South Seton Ave., Building I
Emmitsburg, MD 21727
Applications can also be faxed to the Admissions Office at 301-447-1441.
Lodging, airport transportation and meals
- Attendance is limited to “first come, first serve” with priority for free housing going to EFOP alumni who meet the application deadlines.
- You are responsible for transportation costs: please don’t book your travel plans until confirmation of your acceptance is received from our Admissions Office.
- We will provide free bus transportation to and from Baltimore Washington International (BWI) airport. Bus transportation information will be included in your welcome packet.
- You will need to cover the cost of your meal ticket at NETC. The cost is $81.00.