IAFC Announces Several Educational Scholarships for Qualified First Responders
The International Association of Fire Chiefs Foundation is now accepting applications for its educational scholarships from qualified first responders. The deadline is June 1, 2015.
Scholarships provided by the IAFC Foundation help improve the fire service by helping first responders advance their college level educations so that they are better prepared to face the ever increasing and complex challenges of today’s fire service.
Available 2015 scholarships include:
- Motorola Future Leaders Scholarship Awards
- Chief Charles “Chet” Henry Memorial Scholarship Award
- Garry L. Briese Scholarship Award
- The Heather Westphal Memorial Scholarship Award
- IAFC Federal Military Section Award
- John M. Buckman, III Award
- Company Officer Leadership Symposium (COLS) Scholarship
- Fire Explorers (14-20 years of age)
Full details on each of the above scholarships can be found here.
Any person who is an active member with a minimum of three (3) years as a Volunteer, two (2) years Paid, or a combination of Paid and Volunteer of three (3) years with a State, County, Provincial, Municipal, community, industrial, or Federal fire department is eligible to apply.
The IAFC Foundation is grateful to the Motorola Solutions Foundation, Glatfelter Insurance Group/VFIS and the many other fire service related companies and individuals who demonstrate their support of first responder education by donating to the IAFC Foundation.