Training Announcement from the New York State Academy of Fire Science
On April 25TH and 26TH, 2009, the NYS Fire Academy, Montour Falls, NY along with Dan McGuire from CISM Perspectives will present a 12-hour multi-media LODD pre-planning workshop. This is ideal training for any Fire/EMS Chief, line officer, manager, chaplain, commissioner, CISM teams or other leaders in the emergency services.
Samples of topics to be instructed include:
• Updated LODD causes and national statistics
• How to create an comprehensive LODD pre-plan
• Planning for Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, Level 4 deaths in your agency
• What pitfalls and mistakes to avoid
• Public Safety Officers Benefit Program information
• Effective Communication tactics for LODD responses
• Supporting the surviving family and your department
• List of local, regional and national LODD resources
• Effective Death notification training and grief support
The cost of the workshop is $25 (standard registration fee for NYS responders, $50 for non-NYS responders); overnight accommodations and meals are available for an additional $40 per day/person.
Please contact the Academy for further information at 607-535-7136, x600.
See the Academy’s website for specific information/directions and registration forms at: www.dos.state.ny.us/fire/academy.htm