LiftMaster helps firefighters ensure community safety with preventative emergency response solutions
New solutions provide a safe environment for property, personnel and equipment
ELMHURST, Ill.,— When responding to emergencies, firefighters need to get out the door as quickly as possible. This sense of urgency means the fire truck often exits the garage before it is completely clear of the automatic door, leading to unplanned repairs to the door and vehicles. LiftMaster® – the number one brand of professionally installed garage door openers and access solutions – is helping firefighters and other emergency personnel respond safely and swiftly, and preventing costly repairs and damage to equipment and property, with integrated Emergency Response Solutions.
Firehouses can select from a variety of advanced technology and safety accessories that best suit their needs, including LiftMaster’s new Light Curtain (LC-36A). The Light Curtain forms an invisible zone of coverage with 22 infrared cross-beams across the door that prevent contact by stopping and reversing when any of the cross-beams are broken. When used with primary photo eyes, a set of Light Curtains provides an additional 36 inches of vertical coverage, optimal for detecting vehicle bumpers, fire truck ladders and hi-lift work buckets. The Light Curtain also integrates with a Red/Green Traffic Light that flashes green when the door is fully open, alerting firefighters when it is safe to exit the station. The Light Curtain is NEMA 4 rated and designed to work on doors with a maximum width of 33 feet.
“At LiftMaster, safety is at the core of everything we do” said John Villanueva, Vice President, Marketing, LiftMaster. “It is this dedication to safety and our commitment to quality that led our team to expand our Emergency Response Solutions and accessories to help first responders do what they do best – protect the communities they serve.”
In addition to the Light Curtain and Red/Green Traffic Light, LiftMaster offers commercial door operators, such as the Logic 5.0, that complete with these advanced features:
• MyQ Technology – ensures secure monitoring and control of the operator with a smartphone, tablet or computer and provides emergency personnel with the ability to confirm door closure while enroute or on-site.
• Built-in Security+ 2.0™ – provides enhanced range through radio communications and reduced interference – ensuring the door opens and closes reliably every time.
• Timer-to-Close – increases functionality of the operator to automatically close the door as soon as the emergency vehicle clears, eliminating the potential for theft or damage.
• Maintenance Alert System – reminds personnel to contact their LiftMaster Dealer for routine maintenance.
Accessories that enhance safety and efficiency include:
• Red/Green Traffic Light indicates when the door is fully open and it is safe to exit.
• Photo Eyes and other safety sensors stop the door from closing when an obstruction is detected.
• 3-Button Station allow personnel to open, close and stop the door quickly.
• Open Only Push Button, which can be positioned anywhere in the apparatus bay, allowing personnel to react quickly when a call is received.
“Our garage door operators are a vital piece of equipment when responding to emergency calls, and we need systems in place that offer dependability, safety and are compliant,” said Jeffrey Marciniak, Battalion Chief, Oak Brook Fire Department. “With the installation of LiftMaster’s emergency response solutions, our department can meet these needs, allowing us to focus on our number one priority - keeping our community safe.” To increase the safety of firefighters, equipment and the community, contact a LiftMaster dealer to learn more about Emergency Response Solutions. Local dealers can be found at LiftMaster.com/Locate-a-Dealer.
LiftMaster is the number one brand of professionally installed residential garage door openers, as well as a major manufacturer of commercial door operators, residential and commercial gate operators, telephone entry systems and related access control products. Driven by the access and security needs of the marketplace, LiftMaster’s expansive line of state-of-the-art residential and commercial products are designed to fit any lifestyle or application, providing the latest technology and innovations in safety, security and convenience. For inquiries on LiftMaster products or to inquire about becoming an authorized dealer, please visit www.LiftMaster.com.