E-ONE debuts new Defender™ Type III Urban-Interface Pumper at FDIC 2023
OCALA, Fla. – E-ONE, a subsidiary of REV Group, Inc., will introduce the new Defender Type III Urban-Interface Pumper at FDIC International (Fire Department Instructors Conference) in Indianapolis, Indiana, April 27-29, 2023; Booth 4200.
The new E-ONE Defender Wildland Pumper is built for the most challenging situations. With the ability to pump and roll at the same time, it stands strong at the edge of communities threatened by wildfire, helping to divert fire away from people and property.
REV Fire Group’s Vector™ will return to FDIC, allowing attendees to see the first North American-style fully electric fire truck. With its 327 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of proven automotive-grade batteries, Vector delivers the longest electric pumping duration in the fire industry, accomplishing all driving and pumping tasks exclusively on electrically generated power. The design also features low battery cell placement, offering a safer, lower center of gravity for enhanced stability while operating.
In celebration of first responders and in keeping with the theme “Protecting Those Who Protect Us,” REV Fire Group will host a happy hour and live product walk-arounds from 2-4 p.m. on Thursday and Friday, including live interviews with National Fire Radio.
Attendees can also expect to see a cross section of the fire apparatus that highlights E-ONE’s “Strength Through Excellence,” at Booth 4200, including two aerials, two custom pumpers and the new Defender Wildland Pumper. The trucks on display will include:
- Defender™ Type III Urban-Interface Pumper: This unit features full height/full depth rescue style driver and officer side compartments, rear enclosed ladder for 20’ ladder, 500-gallon water tank and 20-gallon external foam tank, 500 GPM 2-stage high pressure PTO pump, and Weldon V-MUX multiplex electrical system with LCD display.
- 95 Platform: This proven design performs with a narrow stabilizer spread, expansive compartment space, easy to use SideStacker® hosebed and criss-cross under-slung outriggers with an industry-leading 40-second jack deployment system. It also features a center mounted tunnel with 99’ of ground ladders.
- HR 100 Ladder: The E-ONE HR 100 Tandem Axle Quint features a 100’ vertical reach, 500 lb. tip load ladder with 1500 GPM pump, 500-gallon tank and SideStacker hosebed, all packaged on a tandem rear axle chassis with angle-cut rear body corners.
- Typhoon® Low Hosebed Pumper: This extruded aluminum low hosebed body features full height driver and half height officer side compartments. The Typhoon 74” extruded aluminum cab features a severe duty interior, seating for 6 and transverse full height rear exterior compartments. It has a 1500 GPM pump, 750-gallon water tank and a foam system with 30-gallon foam cell.
- Typhoon Custom Pumper with Stainless Steel Body: This unit features a Typhoon 58” extruded aluminum cab with 12” vista roof, severe duty interior and a low hosebed stainless steel body with driver side full height compartments. It features an enclosed ladder tunnel for 48’ of ladders, 1500 GPM pump and 550-gallon water tank.
REV Fire Group will also offer a special FDIC promotion on Active Air Purification Systems, which eliminates 99% of pathogens, including the virus which causes COVID-19, in the air and on surfaces. Two units will be given away through a drawing on Friday and Saturday. Attendees can also receive 10% or $150 off their order for these units.
“We are excited to feature a great line-up of industry-leading, mission-critical vehicles at FDIC,” said Mike Virnig, President, REV Fire Group. “The E-ONE display will showcase our new Urban-Interface pumper and our versatile aerial products as well as the industry’s leading technology to support our first responders in accordance with our theme of Protecting Those Who Protect Us.”
Visit E-ONE at Booth 4200 for the latest products and technologies available for the fire industry. Learn more at e-one.com/fdic-2023/
About E-ONE, Inc.
E-ONE is a leading fire apparatus manufacturer, making emergency vehicles, rescue trucks, aerial fire trucks, rescue pumpers and custom fire apparatus, and has produced more than 28,000 vehicles delivered around the world. Headquartered in Ocala, Florida, E-ONE is an industry leader in product innovations, new technologies and exceeding customer expectations. E-ONE is owned by REV Group (NYSE: REVG).
About REV Group, Inc.
REV Group companies are leading designers and manufacturers of specialty vehicles and related aftermarket parts and services, which serve a diversified customer base, primarily in the United States, through three segments: Fire & Emergency, Commercial, and Recreation. They provide customized vehicle solutions for applications, including essential needs for public services (ambulances, fire apparatus, school buses, and transit buses), commercial infrastructure (terminal trucks and industrial sweepers), and consumer leisure (recreational vehicles). REV Group’s diverse portfolio is made up of well-established principal vehicle brands, including many of the most recognizable names within their industry. Several of REV Group’s brands pioneered their specialty vehicle product categories and date back more than 50 years. REV Group trades on the NYSE under the symbol REVG. Investors-REVG